PATAS DANCE CLUB
PDC is an art of self-expression for children between 3 – 17 years old who have a passion / interest in dancing. We believe in nurturing children to dance genres on modern and contemporary dances.
Dancing is not just about rehearsing steps, it includes musicality, movement, creativity and recognition, dancing is another great way to ameliorate open motor skills, coordination and working memory.
Through interacting with fellow young dancers and learning new choreographies at our club, we believe that your child will gain confidence, make new friends and discover the joy of dancing.
‘Dance is the hidden language of the soul of the body,’ Martha Graham.
BENEFITS OF DANCE FOR CHILDREN
1. Dance education aids the development of kinesthetic intelligence
2. Dance education creates opportunities for self-expression and communication within the constraints of the medium of the body
3. Dance, whether representational, thematic, or abstract, is a repository of civilization that changes through time.
4. Dance education teaches the values and skills of creativity, problem solving, risk taking, making judgments in the absence of rules, and higher –order thinking skills.
5. Dance provides an opportunity for students to recognize that there are multiple solutions to problems.
6. The study of dance fosters an individual’s ability to better interpret interpersonal nonverbal communication
7. Dance education provides a strong base from which to analyze and make informed judgments about corporeal images.
8. Learning the dances of other cultures helps students to develop an understanding and respect for them.
9. Through stimulating all the senses, dance goes beyond verbal language in engaging dancers and promoting the development of multi-sensory beings
10. Dance education prepares people for careers in dance and other fields.
11. Dance enhances an individual’s lifelong quality of life.
12. Dance education helps students develop physical fitness, appreciation of the body, concern for sound health practices, and effective stress management approaches.
- Bronze- Beginner
- Silver- Good
- Gold- Better
- Platinum- Best
Children will undergo trainings later be subjected into in-house assessment amongst themselves, which will help sharpen their dancing skills, we will be having dance competition annually that will be held within their various dance categories.
During the in house assessments and competitions the participants will be assessed individually and as a group and upon attaining required marks per each category, the children will proceed to the next stage.
Best performing children with a score of 95% and above will be granted an opportunity to have an exchange program and also compete with other dancers around the globe that will be entertaining and expose the children to be a global citizen.
Club membership is a reserve of all interested persons between 3 – 17 years old at Khs.200 which will allow them acquire an identity card that will have their passport photo, personal details and dance category.
School membership certificate Kshs.1,000
NB: All memberships shall be renewed annually at same fee.
DANCE BENEFIT TO MEMBERS
- i.15% discount on one school event under Team Patas World.(school)
- ii. 10% discount to club members (children) on any of their school / home birthday under Team Patas World
- iii. 15% discount on all our holidays dance classes.(during school holidays)
We have the best vetted, trained and qualified dance choreographers in the industry, who will be posted to take children through their classes.
With a rich background in family events and being the leading school events organizers, we pride in making sure that the songs the children will be using for practice and performances are above board for children.
AUDIO BOOM BOX
We shall use charged boom box speakers during our trainings since they don’t need to be plugged on a power source, allowing us to practice on any school’s given space.